Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday's Monkey Butt: Lizard Happy

Happy Thursday Dingleberries, this week I'm sharing one I found over at Lizard Happy who happened to borrow it from here. So I'm borrowing what she has borrowed.  Fun how that works right? 


Macaque
The crab-eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis) is a cercopithecine primate native to Southeast Asia. It is also called the long-tailed macaque, and is referred to as the cynomolgus monkey in laboratories

source

This adorable little fella (?) hangs out in the jungles of south east Asia.  They're very sociable, living in families  or groups as they're called of 5 to 60.  Sounds like one of my family reunions. I too am very sociable though in my  family.  I enjoy it what can I say. A lot like ants they pretty much center their lives around the female and will most likely spend their lives in on place and in tress of course.

It's a cute little species of Monkey and though I've never seen one in real life, I'd love the chance. Anyone ever actually meet or see one of these? Either in the jungles or captivity?  I'm curious.

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Hang in there! 


2 comments:

  1. Well I am really hoping to get close to one on my upcoming trip. I shall certanly give you photos if i do

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: