Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 213, 2012

It's  Sunday around here right now, slightly stressful because I know tomorrow is Day One of third grade for Pokey.  I'm worried that they will mess up her bus ride again, but I'm hoping they get it right. They haven't messed up since grade K.  Which was terrifying and is the source of my anguish today. But I'm hopeful they don't mess it up again!

Sunday, August 5th

So how is everyone this Sunday?  What's left of it anyways.  Hells some of my Dingleberries aren't even in this country, does that mean you're already on another day or just asleep already waiting for the next day.  It's weird how that works.

I'm still watching the Olympics. I'm not hating it. Right now!

Dreading the whole back to work tomorrow. It's going to suck.

We did the church thing with Mama and Papa Monkey Butt. I actually didn't die inside today listening to it. They managed to talk about things that didn't suck.  His message today, their homework for the week.  Love One Another.  Easy enough right? 


Started reading my book tonight, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter tonight. Maybe it's something about vampires, but so far Im digging it. 

time to wrap it up and get to bed, first day of school tomorrow.  Did I mention Pokey is super excited?  Well she is and it's should be great fun for her. So while I'm stressing at work and panicking that she won't get on her bus and end up some where in China or something, she will be learning new things and meeting new friends.  Damn, back to eating school food once a week, yuck! 

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend,  Cya tomorrow!

Hang in there!

10 comments:

  1. Aww I hope her first day went okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop off was a nightmare and there was no way in hello I was standing in that line. I be making a trip back up around lunch to confirm her bus things are in line. It was a mess this morning, I couldn't believe it!

      Delete
  2. Big day for your daughter, I hope it goes well and all your stess is for nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mynx, it went as well as can be expected on the first day, lol. Traffic was a mess! I'm hoping it turns out OK. Will post all about it later I'm sure!

      Delete
  3. It was an OK sunday for us too. I smoked a slab of pork ribs in my smoker for lunch and it was mighty tasty. We even got some rain in the early afternoon which was nice. Hope you have a great day at work and really hope your sweet daughter has a super day and everything works just right with the bus and all.
    Hugs,
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad yalls got some more rain, that's always a plus. They're calling for it today, as I've said before. They're wrong 80% of the time, so we shall see! Pokey was so excited to go back today. :)

      Delete
  4. How's that book? The movie trailers made me think, "Hmmm, an interesting concept," But I only watch about a movie a year, and Avengers was it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually diggn the book CW! It's pretty good so far! I know I wasn't sure about the previews either, I think I may have just said "hmmmm"

      Delete
  5. Back to school already? Wow

    Sunday's are always a slow day for me until Football season! Have a happy day Doria and Pokey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tim. I can't believe she's back to school already. A part of me is relieved that she can get back to learning and the non brain rotting stuff she's been doing all summer. Another part doesn't want her to grow up like she is. UGH! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete

Dingleberry says: