Monday, January 23, 2012

PB Balls <--Yummmm

So as you noticed yesterday I had this super awesome cool idea to make peanut butter balls with Pokey. Let me start by saying it was pretty fucking frustrating.  For starters I hate walmart. Like genuinely just hate it and well yea...

So I started with this Paula Deen recipe who as I said should make something super awesome and tasty.  Well after getting most of the items from her list of stuffs that I needed to make it I'm on the hunt for dried milk.  DRY MILK!!!  So I find an abundance of Evaporated Milk, not the same thing, I know this. Of course I know where the gallons of milk are and obviously, there is nothing DRY about a gallon of milk.  Then I spot it.  Dried Milk, made by Carnation or something.  It' sold in INDUSTRIAL sized packaging with a whopping $10 price tag. I'm cussing up a damn fit, swearing and spitting I'm sure. On the phone with Mama Monkey Butt and throwing my items out of the cart. Storming off to the section where umbrellas are sold. 

Needed a break from the damn food sections!!

BREATH TAKEN...

Still on the the phone with Mama Monkey Butt and determined to get this shit done and make some damn peanut butter balls. I'm pissed at them already. Mama Monkey Butt finds another recipe but it's calling for some kind of WAX.  A wax to mix with the chocolate.. WTF man?!  Even the Walmart employee looked at me like I was retarded!   He had an adorable blue band aid though. 

Moving on, she finds a simple, no bake recipe online and I manage to locate all of the ingredients.  GAWD DAMN finally!  That was the most stressful thing EVER!  I knew when I struck out with the dried milk I should have called it quits, went home and came back another day for this shit.  But I didn't give up.  Pokey and I came out with everything we needed. And the batteries made it to the CAR this time.  Pfew!


  • 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine , softened
  • 1 lb dipping chocolate or 1 lb confectioner's coating


 
Look at our creation.  You don't have to tell me they're ugly. I already know.  But they were tasty!  They really were. The process was easy with the exception of the chocolate covering. That was AWFUL!  The peanut butter balls were frozen and well adding the chocolate really only made them want to break in half.  You can probably see a couple of them are all fucked up!  Next time we will just coat them in powdered sugar.  Maybe that will keep them from breaking apart.
 
So there ya have it....Our adventure in peanut butter balls.  If you try them or any remake of your own, let me know. I'm always game for something new and tasty!  Going to make the tofu pie one day.  :)  Will have to share that one with you as well.
 

 

6 comments:

  1. The only thing that beats a failure is not trying at all. Hey, you did it~! I'm sure they were great : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were pretty good. next time will have to make them without the chocolate. may be better :) they're way sweet with the chocolate on them. still tasty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe I am sorry it begin so stressul for you! But believe it or not, they sell a small box of dry milk at publix...the only reason I know this is because Khloe's WIC just changed and now I can either pick dry milk or evap.milk and since last year I NEVER used the evap.milk for nothing I decided it'll be better to try the dry milk this year! :) love you! I hope I get to taste test those there ummm balls! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey babe, you spoke of the chocolate becoming a disaster, i bet that's what the wax would of been good for, it would have helped, your grandmother used it,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed, not by your baking, but by the fact that you went to Wal-Mart and survived. I have to be having a really good mental health day to go to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky there was no baking with this one! Gawd I hate Walmart! It's awful and when kids are involved. It's like pulling teeth navigating through there with an 8 year old hanging on the buggy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: