Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursdays Monkey 'butt'

Well Hello Dingleberries and a Happy Thursday to you all.  Best part about Thursdays?  Especially this Thursday?  Well for starters, its the day of my and your week where you we get to see new Monkey butts and read all my Monkey Butt Babbles.  Exciting isn't it?  Secondly, I get paid on Thursdays, which is a good thing this week, cause I spent ALL my monies buying V-day stuff on Tuesday.  Yay! 

So let's get on with it, OK.  What do we have this week? 
source
That's a scary looking Monkey if you ask me!  I've never gazed upon the 'glory' of "Monkey Shines" and to be honest, I've never heard of this one. From what I've read, it was a horror film back in 88, based on a novel written by Michael Stewart, written/directed by George Romero.
OK so I read it entirely, (I love Wikipedia).  This is a fucked up flick, this lil' Monkey, Ella is her name.  I think I understand her to be the victim of some sort of experimental shit, becomes the helper monkey of a quadriplegic, who, GET THIS got hit by a damn truck, thus making him the way he  is.
His helper monkey, Ella, of course starts out as his friend, they share romantic moments of music and cuddling, then he (the quadriplegic) finds himself a girlfriend. 
Ella isn't happy.
I'm not going to spoil this for anyone,  you can however google for yourself, read some Wiki or rent the movie. I'm sure someone has it somewhere on some forgotten shelf dusty and kindly rewinded!  Let me know what you think.
Anyone actually seen this movie?

Yea, so I'm going to have nightmares after this one!





1 comment:

  1. George Romero did some good movies. Haven't seen this one. I will make sure to keep an eye for it in the cable free movie options. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: