Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 174, 365 days of 2011

Thursday, June 30th, 2011


Well it's Thursday and the last day of June. Why must summer go by so quickly. I was actually looking forward to summer vacation this year.  No more homework after work, time to lay by the pool and get tan. Here we are though, running through the first month like nobodys business. It's terrible!

We've lotsa plans already for the weekend and I must say I'm looking forward to those. 

As of right now I'm lost in a conflict with how to handle certain situations. One of my dearest and oldest friends is suffering from anxiety and depression and I feel absolutely useless in trying to talk him down. I've no idea what to say and no clue as to whats best to even say. It's rough. I'm waiting on friends with experience to assist me in helping him out. I don't know that he is seeking help or what he's doing. I'm just lost. 

Umph!  It's late and I'm exhausted mentally with worry.  It's time for me to wrap this up and hit the bed. I hope you enjoyed the Thursdays Monkey Butt. Always great times!  Goodnight folks!


5 comments:

  1. He really needs to seek counceling and or a DR. I was a hyperactive child and anxiety chased me into adulthood. I've been on anxiety meds for 16 years and it's helped a lot.

    Before meds I used to bite my fingernails until they bled and had temper fits. I'm a lot better now and deep breaths don't hurt either.

    Now I have to cut my fingernails about every ten days and most times keep my cool.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nothing to be ashamed of, he doesn't have to share his situation with the world like I do. Many people like to keep those issues private, however they should be delt with before he gets 37 like I did. Peace

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's on meds Tim but Im doubtful that he takes them as he should. He's talking to me pretty often, Im just glad he trust me enough to talk to me, that's a good thing. I'm hopeful he can get it taken care of soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good he has friends he feels comfortable talking to, I know it helped me. I talked to some friends with the same issues and had already sought help and that led me in the right direction finally.

    If he's drinking on top of the meds that's not good though. I used to do it too.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping I will be able to turn him on to a few other places to talk to. Some people that are there when the time calls. Im a busy girl as all know, I spend most time at work and then of course I have my daughter as well. Im unable to drop everything and chat on the phone and stuff. It may do some good to have someone else. Im hopeful he will be willing! I don't think that he drinks much if anything. I'm hoping he isn't up to that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: