Wednesday, June 8, 2011

There went the tears


This morning started out so bumpy. I was hopeful in the beginning but it all came crashing down.  I lost control and the tears came.  They were well hidden, almost busted in the act, but saved by the bell. I don't typically talk about my problems, they just aren't something I do freely, not that I am starting now. I'm seeking advise from you readers with children or experience in such. 

I don't like to think of myself as a bad parent, I in fact know that I am in NO WAY a bad parent. It's my first time, can I still use that excuse?  Screw it. I'm using it. 

I've always tried to treat my daughter as I would want to be treated. But her at her age is in a mode where she wants to test me and see how far she can push mommy!  It's so very stressful.  SO VERY STRESSFUL!  She was out right HATEFUL this morning and I broke down. I'm taking it that I'm not a very strict or dominate type. That she doesn't take me serious and thinks Mommy will just take and take and not do anything. I've attempted many things, taking away her games and television privileges and things got better last time when I pulled away her privileges. Even went to the extent of calling her Father and asking him to help with this by applying the same rules at his house. Her first grounding.  It calmed things down a bit for a while.

Here we are again. Maybe it's just  a bad WEEK for me, well 2 weeks.  So dear friends, if you have any advise on such matters. It would be so greatly appreciated. Have an awesome day.  Pokey will be with her dad for the rest of this week. I already miss her! 

3 comments:

  1. {hugs}

    Sadly, the only parenting experience I have is with my lil pup monsters. And, frankly, when they get unruly...they have a time-out in the crate. I think that's illegal to do to a kid, but it can't hurt to check. ;)

    Hang in there, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the sounds I get from reading your posts, it sounds like both of you are going through a lot of changes and that can be stressful for both.

    I've never been a parent so the only advice I can give is to make sure you take care of yourself, also from reading your posts taking care of Pokey sounds like a given. I know we really don't know each other, however it sounds to me she is your life.

    I do know what it is like to be a brat though, was one myself. I was about 10 yrs old I guess and I was having a tizzy about something I didn't get for Christmas and my Mother sat me on the edge of the bed and calmly told me that, "you just can't get everything that you want in life." I was young but it has stuck in my freaky brain. She seldom did anything calmly too I might add.

    You asked me about changing Mutt-Pup's name. Yes, my sister didn't like the name "Boner." She was just going on and on one day on the phone, bla, bla, bla, so I thought of the name "Woody!" Same difference huh? LoL

    Take care and hope the short break does you both a world of good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!! It was definately a trying morning for sure. Im sure I was a big brat as well when I was a kid, but hey I don't always remember back that far! And yes Sam it may be slightly illegal to crate them when they are being bad! :) *hugs* For you both!

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: