Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday's Monkey 'butt'

Picture taken here

Okay Okay so there is not a "monkey" involved in this one.  So sorry.  Beavis uses the word Monkey though ;)

So as a child I really enjoyed watching Beavis and Butthead. This was back in the times when MTV was actually MUSIC television.  Before they sold out and started airing nothing but stupid reality television bullshit. This makes me sad.  I remember drooling as the television blared out a Def Leppard song.  Remember my sister and sitting on the  living room floor and every time Van Halen said "mine as well jump" we would jump up and down.  It was AWESOME. Now we are left with nothing but country music videos and rap people shaking their what nots for our children to see.  Bastards.  Whatever happened to the days where something good actually came on television. 

So out of boredom, I guess, we sat and watched a few episodes of Beavis and Butthead the other day. Sadly they were without music videos like they use to play when it was on television.  I'm surprised we didn't grow up to be seriously troubled. Perhaps I'm only so use to iCarly and Sponge Bob now that it just makes me go WOW!  Sadly, I still loved every minute of it. Do you remember things at time from childhood and actually take the time as an adult to relive those moments?  It's glorious I tell you.  

So this weeks post is Beavis and Butthead. In this episode Beavis is doing his "monkey boy" dance. Yes, I know they are shot out!  But that's why I love them!

2 comments:

  1. I love Beavis and Butthead. The Simpsons started out like that, on a TV show. Tracy Ulman a british comedy actress used to run short skits of the Simpson's on her show. It's not the same either but I still like them all. Happy cartooning!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only thing that MTV runs these days are crappy "reality" shows. Blah. At least now we have Youtube to watch the old videos!

    Did you know that Danzig's song "Mother" was one of the first songs to get banned from MTV? Yep, Glenn was pushing the limits, even for MTV!

    God, they would've died if they'd seen The Misfits perform live! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: