Tuesday, December 27, 2011

365 days of 2011

Well Dear Dingleberries, I took yet another vacation from my blogging.  Seems kinda silly considering my year is almost up.  It's vague in my memory but I believe I started this project sometime around the 1st couple of weeks of January.  I can't believe it's already been that long, can you?
Well the holidays came and went didn't they?  I sit here now, without any smokes, thinking back on all the emotions and frustrations and stress of the holiday. Though I kept it down to a minimum it was still there. There was the OMG I'm never going to find Pokey that gift she wants to badly, I'm never going to have enough money to afford it all. My credit card debt is going to consume me. Of course then here comes Pokeys birfday on New Years.  Ugh.. It's a lot to take in at times and I wish, I WISH,  that I was the type of person to take it a little better, to prepare myself a little more, but each year, it never fails, I'm doing it all last minute. 
Oh wells, I'm sure you've heard enough about all that, already.

So here we go, let's get this week on in pictures, shall we?

Day 348
Friday, December 23rd, 2011
Ahhh Friday, the bosses went out of town and we got off a few hours early.  YESSS!  Of course my on call shift began when I got to work this morning at 8:30am.  But I asked for it.  How bad can it really be?

Day 349
Saturday, December 24th, 2011
Merry Ho Ho Eve.  Spent the day babysitting the nieces and later went to Mr Monkey Butts parents for the Christmas Eve party.  They open their gifts on Christmas Eve, it's tradition for them and it makes my life a lot easier, because I'm super busy on Christmas Day. I'd hate to actually have to add another place on my list for Christmas Day.  I think I'd just throw in the towel or something. 
Well unless I've grown a lot of white hair, you can tell this isn't me.  It also isn't Max!  This is Marty, Mr. Monkey Butt's parents doggie.  He seems like a pretty cool doggie, from what I know of him .  He's never done me any wrong anyway. Unlike a certain big doggie of theirs who thought it would be an awesome idea to snag my hat and undies and destroy the undies, messing up the hat, my favorite hat of course. I've forgiven him though. We're cool!  Merry Ho Ho Eve world!

Day 350
Sunday, December 25th, 2011

Merry Christmas (again) Dingleberries. 
It was a lovely day. I think Pokey was happy with Santa and us. As well as Nana and Popas and our family gathering.
Every year it seems the family gathering gets more and more like a cluster fuck of I have no idea what's going on!  It's so loud and so late and too many kids and OMG it's making my head hurt, again!  It went well though. I blogged, one of those past days about my Christmas this year, I won't do it again, so if you missed it and are interested at all, click here.  Enjoy!

Day 351
Monday, December 26th, 2011

There is always a part of me, yes it's a small part, that is so glad when Christmas is over. Ya know that feeling, to know the shopping is done.  The hustle and hassles. The headaches from loud shoppers and speakers in all the malls and stores. 
Well today, Pokey wanted to go out and spend her monies.  She wanted a new game and the likes. I sucked it up and prepared myself.
Got the Christmas tree down and OUT of the apartment before we left. Packed all the ornaments and lights away and lugged them down the stairs and into the trunk of my car for transport over to Grandmas house.  Floors vacuumed and tree tossed into dumpster.  Finally.
Went out shopping and got the grocery shopping (which Pokey hates) and came back home to finish relaxing, a little. It was a day off for all of us. It was....Nice!

Day 352
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011

Started the moring with a late start, raining, phone ringing (yes I was still on call) Mr Monkey Butt coming through the front door.  Too much rain for them to work today.  Pokey still in bed, left her at home with Dad. More time with her new Wii and Christmas toys.  She didn't say she had fun today, but I hope that she did.  It's rare to get so many days off from daycare and being able to sleep in.  I hope she enjoys it when it happens.  They are out of school until after the New Year.  Steady trying to plan Pokeys birfday party as well as make New Year Resolutions.  I don't know why I am even thinking about something like that.
I don't make New Year Resolutions because I always FAIL at them, epically, and if I don't make any...  I won't feel bad when I fail.
IT'S FLAWLESS.
Well atleast I know what kind of cake Pokey wants and I know what I'm getting her for her birfday this year.  So it should go okay.  We've invited friends from school this year.
Please don't let me regret that one.

Goodnight Dingleberries. I'm tired!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a busy cold week. I think I'll break my new year tradition of watching the twilight zone marathon now that I have seen that big bang theory is having one.

    I just started watching that show about a month ago. Didn't know what I was missing, actually makes me LoL : )

    Hope Pokey has a great birthday and ya'll have a great New Years~!!

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: