Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 178 & 179, 365 days of 2011

Monday, July 4th, 2011

Happy 4th of July folks!

(I took a few pictures today, sadly none of them were of ME. Oops!)

Well here we have it. A nice shot of one of my favorite child hood spots. I held true to the words to myself and made sure to get out of the house and away for a bit. One of my awesome friends and I went on an adventure up a little further north of here. It was great fun and luckily we were able to find the spot I was looking for. SUCCESS!  We had fun walking through the trails, swatting bugs, (people don't forget the Off spray when you go hiking) watching for spiders and running through spider webs. Gawd I hate spiders. Luckily they stayed away until just back to the car when I walked through a spider web with the damn spider still on it. Yep spider on my hand equals arms flailing about and panic stricken ME!  ha ha. It was an awesome time. Afterwards us and our tired feets and sweaty bodies headed back to watch some television.  Introduced him to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" movie. It's been a minute since I watched it last so it was a refreshing change. Can't wait to finish up the trilogy soon! 

All in all, other than missing my Pokey so very much that it was hard to distract myself from the loneliness I had a good 4th of July. Didn't seen ANY fireworks, though I heard a few, so it works out.  I will make up for that next year!  

Again, Happy 4th folks! 

Tuesday, July 5th, 2011
Well today was a vacation day. I did nothing all day.  ha ha. well that is a lie. I was semi productive and cleaned house. Dusted anything and everything in my path.  Swept the floors, vacuumed as well.  Also mopped and scrubbed some walls.  Ahhhh and that's done. Had intended on warshing my car, but sadly I didn't get to that. I did clean it out and all.  I guess it's for the best, because it rained a little bit here.
Spent the day with Mom and my niece. Mom needed a ride to see the lawyer today, so it works out I didn't have to work. All in all, was a good day. Still missin Pokey like mad, but tomorrow she will be home. Thank Gawd. I officially am not liking this year for holidays.  Ugh!  Happy Tuesday folks. Lets get ready for hump day and my short work week!  Goodnight folks!

4 comments:

  1. It was great fun! I couldn't help but laugh a few times today, remembering you flapping your arms around when that little spider tried to hitch a ride on your arm. I felt bad about squishing the little guy, but whatever ;)

    Next time...Tallulah Gorge and Tallulah Falls!

    But that was definitely a really good movie! Who would've thought that the Swedes were so violent!? ;) Definitely can't wait to see the next two! They're sitting in my Netflix queue waiting for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we can't see a YouTube of you flapping your arms fighting off that hairy beast! LMFAO :O

    I was at Walmart yesterday and bought that DVD "The Tourist," Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie. It was OK, however maybe a tad over rated.

    It's back to work day for me, wish I had another day off but it's a short day 1PM to 6:30PM

    Happy Hump Day!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tim I would die if I saw myself on YouTube flapping my arms around. DIE! hahah.. I have yet to see that one it's a rarity that I actually BUY any DVDs. Mostly kids movies and the few that I just LOVE! :) Overrated huh? I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good movie but you know how the media hypes things up. Maybe I was just expecting too much. Worth a watch!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: