Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Music For A Tuesday


Another pick from Mama MB.  I doubt I ever mentioned it, but I wouldn't put it past myself.  I tend to talk a good bit about Mama MB, more so while she was still living..   Mama MB loved some Elvis. So much so she married on his birthday. She was so silly! 

Amazing grace, no matter who sings it always weighs heavy on my heart strings.  I don't know what it is, I guess because it's so common to hear it played at funerals.  I wasn't thrilled about it playing for Mama MB, but that didn't matter, because she loved  it. 

It's funny, it also reminds me of that old Steven King movie, Silver Bullet.  Weird I know, but at  one point during the movie. Someone's death I imagine, they play a version of that song.  Love that movie.

So there you have it, this weeks music. I hope you all enjoy Elvis. 

-Hang in there

12 comments:

  1. This was one of my Mom's favorite songs too Doria. I've been avoiding the internet and facebook since the horrible shooting last Friday. We just can't excape bad news these days : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've not watched any TV since then, the occasional 2 seconds for the weather report but it's off before they can tell me anything else. It's just too much

      Delete
  2. aw! thank you for sharing! it's going to make me sad to listen to it. but i will! i've never heard Elvis' version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amazing Grace! It's one of my favorite songs and it's been done by so many great artists. Have you heard the rock version done by irish band Dropkick Murphy's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard that version, will have to check it out! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. How cool that your Mama was married on Elvis' birthday. She must have been a fiesty one just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure she is singing that song with Elvis somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, if not she's jamming to it driving around in one of her favorite cars!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie :) She liked to think she did! We didn't always agree on music, but that's normal I think!

      Delete

Dingleberry says: