Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Treatment week 1

 Week one was TOUGH.  I'll be completely honest I thought Mr. MB was going to go ahead and throw in the towel. It was very overwhelming.  Surgery went well, as I mentioned before but recovery was a whole other thing.  There was a lot of pain. Way more pain that anyone led on.  Of course, all people handle pain differently and that just goes to say ... what's super painful for one may not be the case for another. It's nothing something I'm prepared to debate.  




Our week at a glance: 

Monday: surgery 

(we were literally there all day)

Tuesday: labs and chemo 

(a lot of pain, hard to get up and moving)

Wednesday: radiation 

(still a lot of pain and still not eating or drinking enough and sleeping all day)

Thursday: radiation 

(still in pain, still not eating or drinking. very out of it and not doing well at all.) 

Thursday is when I decided enough was enough and I wasn't sure exactly what was going on and how "normal" this was. I've never dealt with this, after all. I made the call and got him an appointment for them to check him and give him fluids. I had to cancel an appointment with a surgeon, but it is what it is.  You won't need surgery if you're dead. 

Friday: office visit and fluids

It was such a tough week, for us all.  I wasn't prepared for that level, I guess. We made it through it though and he was able to have a good Friday night and weekend.  I even got to go see Batman and have dinner with my sister.  

I don't know what the next weeks will look like, we have at least 5 of them, but I'm hopeful 


Until next time, hang in there dingleberries 

-MB 

1 comment:

  1. Just throwing this out there... one of my FB friends is former Congressman Mark Souder... he is going through this same thing, and posting about it. You might wanna look him up, if only so Mr MB doesn't feel he's all alone...

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: